Evening lovely people, Laura here!
So, I’ve recently been going through a CRAZY omelette phase! Some of my friends might say I’m omelette mad and have been for a good few months. Everyday without fail, I have a mega omelette for my breakfast. They’re just SO great and you can do some much with them; sweet, savoury, meaty, veggie, the list goes on…
Whatsmore, an omelette with a side of veggies is incredibly nutritionally balanced and is a fabulous breakfast choice to keep you nice and full for a good few hours. Make sure you keep a yolk or two in there as they’re a great fat and carb source, as well as providing all sorts of vitamins.
Recently I’ve been really getting into ‘sweet omelettes’. They’re kind of an omelette-pancake hybrid. Sounds strange I know but they’re fab and make a nice change on those days that you’re craving something sweet. So, here’s my recipe for a sweet chocolate omelette with cooked apple, topped with banana and smothered with peanut butter.
- 1 whole egg
- 100ml egg whites
- Half a scoop of protein powder (I use chocolate but i’m sure lots of flavours will work!)
- 1 apple (chopped into cubes)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2tsp peanut butter
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Whisk together the egg, egg whites and protein powder.
- Find yourself a non stick frying pan and start heating the coconut oil.
- Once that’s melted, throw in the apple. Keep it moving for a few minutes until it starts to soften and get a bit of colour.
- Turn down the heat and pour in the egg mix.
- Leave it to cook through for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Now for the tricky bit, flipping it over! I’ve had a few successes and a few disasters with this part so all I can say is good luck! Use a spatula to make sure its completely lose from the pan. You can either flip it over using the spatula OR (what I like to do) flip it like a pancake.
- Leave it to cook for minute on the other side.
- Put it on a plate and add the toppings of your choice. I love a few teaspoons of peanut butter and a sliced banana, but berries would also make a fab alternative.
- Sit and DEMOLISH!